The John F. Kennedy elementary school is attended by students with an intellectual disability or intellectual development problems. To meet the diverse needs of its students, the school’s classrooms and washrooms were redesigned. In addition, in order to facilitate the circulation of the school’s students with reduced mobility, a new elevator and new wheelchair ramps were installed indoors and outdoors.
The work was carried out in a way which minimised disruption to the school’s educational activities.
- Installed a new hydraulic elevator
- Built new outdoor and indoor facilities and created new landscaping
- Tore down interior walls with integrated furniture
- Re-did indoor finishes (floors, ceilings, walls)
- Installed new windows
- Built ramps for people with reduced mobility